- 1 packet (7 grams) active-dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (about 110° F)
- 6 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup lowfat 2% milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- STIR water and yeast in a small bowl until dissolved and foamy; allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
- PLACE 5 ½ tablespoons butter in a small saucepan; heat over low heat. Add milk; heat until slightly hot to the touch. Remove from heat; let cool. Stir in eggs.
- COMBINE flour, ¼ cup Abuelita chocolate and salt on a work surface. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add alternating yeast and milk mixture. Knead with hands for about 10 minutes or until a slight sticky dough forms.
- FORM a large ball of dough and place in an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; place in a warm place (about 70° F) for 60 to 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- LINE a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- CUT off a piece of dough (about the size of a large egg) and reserve. Divide the remaining dough into two rounds and place them on prepared baking sheet.
- DIVIDE reserved dough into 8 pieces. Form two balls with two of the pieces and six rope shaped strips with the remaining pieces of dough. Pinch dough ropes 1-inch apart with a knob in the middle to resemble skeleton fingers. Arrange 3 dough ropes on each dough round, joining them at the center of each round. Place the dough balls on top of each dough round where dough ropes meet. Loosely cover dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- BAKE loaves for 35 minutes or until tops are golden. Remove from oven; cover with foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until bottoms of loaves are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- MELT remaining 1 tablespoon butter in microwave. Brush butter over tops of loaves and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Abuelita chocolate. Serve and enjoy.