- Butter for greasing baking dish
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup NESTLÉ® ABUELITA™ Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp anise seeds
- ½ cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1 long, thin, day-old baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish with butter. Arrange bread in dish. Set aside.
- Combine water, NESTLÉ® ABUELITA™ Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix, brown sugar, and anise seeds in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches a boil. Remove from heat. Whisk in media crema until fully combined. Pour over prepared bread, making sure to soak all pieces of bread. Top with raisins and nuts. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and immediately sprinkle with cheese. Loosely cover again so that cheese can melt. Serve warm with raspberries.