- 1 Tablet NESTLÉ® ABUELITA
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder + more for sprinkling
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot, except for the vanilla and whipped cream.
- Simmer mixture over a medium flame until the chocolate and sugar are completely dissolved - about five minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Cover, then steep for an hour.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the pot to serve, then warm over low heat.
- Serve hot, with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of chili powder. Enjoy!